AMD and Nvidia update for Ashes of the Singularity,” and it comes with a couple of other fixes. These drivers release is for optimizes performance too.
AMD releases Catalyst 15.10 Beta drivers
AMD releases Catalyst drivers optimizes performance for “Ashes of the Singularity,” and it comes with a couple of other fixes. Although, AMD’s latest Catalyst driver for Radeon graphics cards is a Beta driver that tackles a handful of issues. It is the 15.10 Beta driver (15 because 2015, 10 because October), and it is most interesting if you’re playing Ashes of the Singularity due to some new DirectX 12 quality and performance optimizations. Additionally, the driver has a handful of other resolved issues and remaining known issues, listed below.
-  Video playback of MPEG2 video fails with a playback error/error code message
-  A TDR error or crash is experienced when running the Unreal Engine 4 DirectX benchmark
-  Star Wars: Battlefront is able to use high performance graphics when launched on mobile devices with switchable graphics
-  Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PowerDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
-  Ashes of the Singularity — A ‘Driver has stopped responding’ error may be experienced in DirectX 12 mode
-  Driver installation may halt on some configurations
-  A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K YouTube content
Issues till now:
-  Ashes of the Singularity may crash on some AMD 300 series GPUs
-  Core clock fluctuations may be experienced when FreeSync and FRTC are both enabled on some AMD Crossfire systems
-  Ashes of the Singularity may fail to launch on some GPUs with 2 GB Video Memory. AMD continues to work with Star dock to resolve the issue. In the meantime, deleting the game config file helps resolve the issue
-  The secondary display adaptor is missing in the Device Manager and the AMD Catalyst Control Center after installing the driver on a Microsoft Windows 8.1 system
-  Elite: Dangerous — poor performance may be experienced in Super Cruise mode
-  A black screen may be encountered on boot up on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen
Note: Download AMD releases Catalyst drivers. To directly go to AMD’s Drivers + Download Center click here.
Nvidia launches Hotfix driver for G-Sync issues
Nvidia releases a hot fix driver for the people out there with Nvidia G-Sync monitors having issues in windowed and full-screen modes. This driver is still considered as a “beta” driver and is not been officially WHQL certified yet. As this driver is just released after a week with the release of fully-certified driver. Some users are also reporting that this driver helps improve performance in some SLI configurations as well. Although, it wasn’t mentioned in the release note. One of the game titles that is seeing improved SLI scaling is said to be The Witcher 3.
Nvidia isn’t the only one releasing a driver this week. Although, it seems the company’s driver issues aren’t as long-winded as others, with only G-Sync users being affected. Meanwhile, no other official improvements are listed for driver 358.59, but users may still see additional performance gains.
To download the driver click here