AMD released new version 13.9 of its Catalyst Software Suite. Catalyst 13.9 contains AMD Catalyst Display Driver v 13.152, HydraVision for Windows 8. Also, supports update for South bridge/IXP Driver, and AMD Catalyst Control Center v13.152AMD Catalyst 13.9. WHQL is AMD’s first logo-certified driver for Windows 8.1, which is due out later this year.
This version fixes the following problems:
- Severe flicker in Far Cry 3 game cinematic that may continue into gameplay.
- BSOD crash when enabling CrossFire in the AMD Catalyst Control Center after installing a third AMD Radeon HD7790 graphics card.
- BSOD crash in Windows 8 when display turns off (idle/sleep mode).
- AMD Catalyst Control Center crash after creating an Eyefinity Group.
- Disappearing mouse cursor in Windows 8 after completing the AMD Catalyst Driver installation and rebooting the system.
- Cyberlink PowerDVD stop working with a pop-up error message during playback of a Blu-ray movie under Power Saving mode.
- When Dual Graphics is disabled within AMD Catalyst Control Center, the secondary display connected may not enable.
- Frame drops experienced during playback of interlaced Blu-ray content when all visual quality settings are enabled in AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Significant game performance slowdowns when moving the mouse cursor in World of Warcraft using DirectX 9 rendering mode.
- Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings saved within created AMD Catalyst Control Center application profiles do not apply correctly.
- Windows 8 Metro applications experience very low FPS when Dual Graphics is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
AMD Catalyst can be downloaded from here.
Previous Update: AMD Releases Catalyst 13.11 Beta 9.5 Driver in November 2013.
- Includes all Feature Highlights of The AMD
- Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.4 Driver
- Solves the issue of AMD Overdrive missing in the AMD Catalyst Control Center for the AMD Radeon R9 290 Series graphic cards
- Solves intermittent flickering seen on some AMD Radeon R9 270x graphics cards
- Also, solves graphics corruption seen in Starcraft
- Improves frame pacing results in AMD Quad CrossFire configurations for the following: Hitman: Absolution, and Total War: Rome 2
Note: AMD Released New Version can be downloaded from here